Thursday, October 30, 2008

Stop Paying your Mortgage

Radical Idea - let me call my CPA and lawyer:

Stop Paying Your Mortgage Today

I am tired of the being told that I - the prudent guy, and my kids when they grow up, should pay taxes so that bankers can get $70 billion in bonuses, so banks can use my tax money to buy other banks up like vultures feasting on roadkill and so that the guy down the street from me who took out an exotic mortgage to buy a house he couldn't afford can extract $200,000 or more from me and the rest of us in this nation - and keep his house.

That is outrageous, it is unjust, and in fact it is nothing other than raw theft, literally at gunpoint.

See, in many states purchase-money first mortgages are "non-recourse", meaning that all they can do is ruin your credit and foreclose on your house.

That's it.

They cannot force you into bankruptcy, they cannot garnish your wages.

And from the time you stop paying until the time you get evicted, you get to live there for free.

Finally, after you have been foreclosed upon, your house (and lots like it if your friends and neighbors do likewise) will drop dramatically in price. Presto! In a year or two you will be able to buy it back at half what you paid for it in 2004 or 2005. Now that's a bargain.

So give the government and the banks back what they're trying to give to you - a royal screw job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home